What is the Student Council?
The Student Council plays a very important role at Cheyenne Middle School. Student Council helps share STUDENT ideas, interests, and concerns with the teachers and principals. We host school-wide fundraisers benefiting local Edmond charities, as well as plan student recognition assemblies. Being on Student Council is something that will help students become more responsible and active members of the community.
- Attends Student Council meetings the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month @ 7:30am
- Serves as a positive role model to other students
- Plan and attend special events
- Pep Assemblies honoring successes at Cheyenne
Perform service projects around the school and the community
- Choose school spirit days for the year (dress-up days)
If you are interested in President, you will first need to be selected as a Team Representative. During our second meeting, the Student Council will select their president from the group of represenatives who wish to run.
- Lead Student Council meetings. Set agenda with the Student Council sponsors (Mrs. Pettiet).
- Serve as the student-leader representative at Veteran’s Day and Graduation events (including giving a speech at each event).
- Speaking during school-wide student recognition assemblies.
For more info, please contact Ashley Pettiet.